Many times it is good to be at the top of a list and to lead the pack, but not always.
Bankrate.com is now saying that Indiana is in the Top 10 for taxes paid at the pump, coming in at No. 8.
Hoosiers pay 36.4-cents-per-gallon at the pump in taxes.
The federal gasoline excise tax is 18.4-cents-per-gallon and then states add their own tax on top of that.
Here is the list of the Top 10 states with the highest gas taxes is below:
1. North Carolina: $0.5755 per gallon
2. California: $0.561 per gallon
3. Washington: $0.559 per gallon
4. New York: $0.4425 per gallon
5. Connecticut: $0.434 per gallon
6. Michigan: $.0374 per gallon
7. Illinois: $0.374 per gallon
8. Indiana: $0.364 per gallon
9. Hawaii: $0.354 per gallon
10. Florida: $0.35 per gallon