A relatively new and convenient product is turning out to be a problem with some parents.
Detergent pods seem to be tempting to children who want to eat them and that could be fatal.
According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, more than 6,200 kids under the age of five were taken to hospitals from trying to eat detergent pods last year.
The big problem with these little pods is that they are very concentrated, so the small amount of detergent can be very dangerous.
No deaths have been reported from the pods, but they can cause choking and vomiting, respiratory difficulties; and cause children to become drowsy or lethargic.
Some children have had to be put on ventilators and admitted to intensive care units. Even after they recovered, they still had difficulty breathing on their own.
Proctor and Gamble, the makers of Tide say that they recently partnered with the American Academy of Pediatrics to educate parents and doctors about safety.
They also changed their packaging so it looks less like candy and it's harder for small hands to get into.
Despite the changes, the calls to Poison Control and the trips to emergency rooms for small children have not slowed.