A piece of history from the Vigo County Court house is now in display.
The heavy internal workings of the E. Howard Clock Co. clock have been brought down and put on display on the fist floor.
It was installed when the court house was built in 1888.
After a recent renovation, the four clock faces are now run by electronic time pieces.
In the 1800’s, the hands on those faces were turned by a wind up time piece connected to each face by cast iron rods and parts.
The time piece came with a 200 year guarantee.
It took county maintenance workers and employees of Smith’s Bell and Clock Service of Mooresville, a day to move everything.
Workers also have found the original instructions on how to operate and maintain the device.
Courthouses and town halls in several Indiana cities had or have E. Howard clocks, including Indianapolis, Greencastle, Danville and Vincennes.
Now the system that is over 100 years old is on display for all to see.