Starting on June 4th Indiana Troopers from the Pendleton, Indianapolis and Putnamville Posts joined with the Ohio Highway Patrol in a joint saturation patrol along interstate 70.
The project, known as Operation Blue Light, is aimed to reduce traffic fatalities and curtail criminal activity.
Indiana and Ohio Troopers are concentrating their efforts on I-70 from the Illinois border east to the West Virginia border looking for criminal activity and crash causing violations like following too closely, unsafe lane movement, excessive speed, and impaired drivers.
Troopers and Motor Carrier Inspectors from the ISP Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division will continue to work on I-70 doing safety inspections and checking for overweight trucks.
Below is a compilation of Indiana enforcement efforts during the month of June.
• Warnings Issued – 1916
• Suspended Drivers - 145
• Impaired Drivers – 32
• Crashes Investigated – 94
• Motorist Assists - 329
• Criminal Arrests – 28 Felonies, including 12 Felony Drug Charges; 38 misdemeanors
• Contraband Seized – Marijuana – 324 lbs. –Cocaine 2 gms – Meth 3 gms – Ecstasy 3 gms – Synthetic K-2-20 lbs – Bathsalts 7.5 lbs – Hash 1 gm
• Currency Seized - $167,853
• Commercial Motor Vehicle Tickets – 96
• Commercial Motor Vehicle’s Inspected – 381 with 740 D.O.T. Violations Found