Being regular people like we are, we never get to see what happens inside a movie and why some decisions were made and why some weren't. Then there are some casting calls that could have comepletely RUINED the movies we know and love. Either way, here are some movie fun facts that will BLOW YOUR MIND RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE! (thanks to Buzzfeed.com)
1. The mask in 'Halloween' is actually William Shatner's face. The production crew bought the cheapest mask they could find at a Halloween store, which happened to be William Shatner. They spray-painted it white.
2. 'Psycho' was the first movie to show a toilet flushing.
3. Leonardo DiCaprio was originally offered the role of Max Denninson in 'Hocus Pocus,' but he turned it down for 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?'
4. Robert Deniro was considered for the role of Jack in 'The Shining,' but Stanley Kubrick thought he wasn't psychotic enough after watching 'Taxi Driver.'
5. Robin Williams was also considered for the role of Jack in 'The Shining,' but Stanley Kubrick thought he was too psychotic after watching 'Mork and Mindy.'
6. The original title for 'Halloween' was:
7. 'Scream' was at one time called:
8. At one time 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' was called:
9. 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' was filmed in chronological order.
10. The barf used in 'The Exorcist' was actually Andersen's Pea Soup. They tried Campbell soup was they didn't like the way it looked.
11. Drew Barrymore auditioned for the role of Carol Anne in 'Poltergeist', but Steven Spielberg wanted someone more "angelic." Drew's 'Poltergeist' audition led to her casting in 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,' though.
12. Tom Cruise was offered the role of Edward Scissorhands.
13. He turned it down because he wanted a happier ending.
14. Nick Carter is actually in the movie 'Edward Scissorhands.' He's in a scene where Edward is being driven around town.
15. Audrey Hepburn was the favorite to play the mom in 'The Excorist,' but she turned it down because she would only take the role if the movie was filmed in Rome.
16. The movie 'Final Destination' is actually based on a rejected 'X-Files' episode.
17. Rachel True was almost 30 in 'The Craft.' She played a high schooler.
18. Fairuza Balk is actually a Wiccan in real life.
19. Jack Nicholson was considered for the role of Hannibal Lecter in 'Silence Of The Lambs.'
20. Church, the cat in 'Pet Sematary,' was actually played by seven different cats.
21. The killer's robe in 'Scream' was originally supposed to be white. The directors changed it to black because they were afraid it looked too similar a KKK robe.
22. It took eight days to shoot 'The Blair Witch Project' and eight months to edit it. The movie cost $22,000 to make and made over $240 million.
23. 'Saw' was filmed in only 18 days.
24. Brad Pitt was considered for the role of Ichabod Crane in 'Sleepy Hollow.'
25. Malakai's name in Stephen King's version of 'Children Of The Corn' was Craig.
26. The cocoons in 'Silence Of The Lambs' were made of tootsie rolls and gummy bears.
27. In real life, Sissy Spacek was voted homecoming queen.
28. Jennifer Love Hewitt was offered the role of the mom in 'The Ring,' but she turned it down.
29. Pennywise's hair in 'It' was Tim Curry's real hair.
30. 'Paranormal Activity' was Oren Peli's directorial debut. He changed the ending because Stephen Spielberg told him to.
31. Rosie O'Donnell was offered the role of Mary Sanderson in 'Hocus Pocus,' but she turned it down because she didn't want to be a "scary witch."
32. 'Sleepy Hollow' and 'Bringing Out The Dead' were the last two movies ever to be put on LaserDisc.
33. The words "Elm Street" are not said once in the original 'Nightmare On Elm Street.'